10 things to do in order to be a better Manager
#1.Be a motivator.
- The everyday routine most of the times might become extremely boring and exhausting for the employees . In those cases a proper manager has to boost up confidence and motivate his co-workers. A manager in order to motivate his people better has to figure out what they want and how he can give that to them for doing what he wants them to do for the business.
- Successful leadership is about influencing others, and trust is the foundation of all ability to influence others. You cannot influence anyone who does not trust you. The manager must work to cultivate the trust with everyone they work with. Knowledge and character are the two basic components of trust. When a person ,and moreover a manager, has these two automatically becomes more trustworthy and people can count on him.
Character means confidence and being able to take solid decisions at the right time not only for yourself but also for the whole company and your co-workers. People count on you when you’re able to see what is good and simultaneously proper for a business.
Knowledge ,on the other hand, doesn’t mean that you have to be expert in everything the group does; it does mean that you understand your field and your kind of work really well and also to be able to contribute with your way to your partners problems.
#3.Building a real team and managing through it.
- Business and management we could easily say that are more about people than anything else. As a manager, you are only as good as the people on your team and that’s why a smart manager first chooses the people that he wants to cooperate with and then decides what the project will be. Give yourself a better chance to succeed by picking the best people from the start. Smart leaders make sure all the elements that create a real team are in place – purpose, values, rules – and then manage through the team. So instead of saying, “Do it because I’m the boss,” they say,
“Do it for the team,” which is a much more powerful approach.
Right people -> Strong team-> Better results-> Success.
- Every business depends on the support and collaboration of outside people and groups. An effective manager has to make the correct moves and approach the right people in order to grow the business.
Warning : Quality always beats Quantity.
It does not matter if you know 100 and none of them has influence; it does matter though if you know 20 people that all of them can bring value to you and your business.
Suggestion: Draw up list with the 30 most influential people you know. These people have also have their network including high quality prospective clients. Put a plan to draw their attention. This targeted approach takes time, but the rewards are tremendous. Don’t believe me? Okay, think how different your business would look, if you had already done this, and you could now pick up the phone and talk to the most influential people in your industry! It really works ,try it!
#5.Be a leader not only a manager.
- In that field most of the times people misunderstand the term, manager. If you want to be respected and trustworthy -as we mentioned earlier- you have not to only build the best possible team and be a motivator. You have to lead the way and prove to your co-workers that your words except from theory are also facts and actions. If you show the proper direction and lead through the way then you have the whole package to lead a team.
#6.Get better at managing money.
- A company has to make money to stay in the business field. That means that you have to be able to manage money and spending less than you bring in. Depends on your sector in the organization, you may have more influence on one area or the other, but you need to understand both. You can help your company, your employees, and yourself be getting better at managing the company’s money.
#7.Get better at managing time.
Quote: Time is money!
Don’t waste your time for things that don’t bring value to you or to your company. The better you get at managing time, yours and others, the more effective you will be as a manager.
#8.Improve as a communicator.
- Communication may be the single most important skill of a manager. After all, all the others depend on it. You can’t be a leader if you can’t communicate your vision. You can’t motivate people if they can’t understand what you want. Communication skills can be improved through practice.
- As a manager you must have self awareness. Identify the areas in which you are weak and improve them. The fact that you are reading this article shows you understand the concept. You need to put it into practice.
Last but not least!!!
- You are less effective as a manager if you are over-stressed. No one wants to cooperate with you when you infuse anxiety and stress. You are less tolerant. Find a way to manage your anxiety. It does not matter what the way is; it does matter though to stay cool in tough circumstances in order to inspire your team and to make them sure you can handle most of the situations that occur.
These are some of the most important things that a manager can do. The top of the tips though are HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!! PUT THEM IN WORK.